Pages

Friday, August 21, 2015

Find

I'm looking for a solution. 

I'm looking for something that got lost along the way. 

I'm looking for a promise. 

And while I look I'm holding out hope. 

Marriage is hard and wonderful. Being with someone you love and who loves you seems like it should be the easiest thing in the world. Living with someone who grew up in a different house with different expectations and experiences is one of the toughest things in the world.

I'm on a treasure hunt right now. I'm looking and hunting and hoping. Because I really, REALLY want to find what's been lost along the years and the struggle of long-term marriage. 

I want to find the joy and companionship and comfort and peace and ease that comes from being with a trusted, dear friend. 

I'm in this hunt for the long haul and I won't stop until I find all of that good stuff again.

linking up with Five Minute Friday


5 comments:

  1. And I do believe that you will find...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marriage isn't always easy but it definitely is worth fighting for. I hope you find what you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! This girl is seeking that special relationship too. I so deeply yearn to be a wife and mom. I'm visiting from FMF where I'm parked in the #16 spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will find it...hang on, the Grace Giver is working on your behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May God continue to grant you grace for each other as you discover this new season in life. I've read many helpful books in our 26 years of marriage. The best two were probably Love and Respect and His Needs, Her Needs. I've felt that way a time or two myself--and as long as you're committed, things can change!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.