Pages

Friday, August 14, 2015

: : Learn

I learn every day whether I acknowledge it or not. I learn to trust. To obey. To believe. To have faith. To be brave. 

It's a constant in my life. I learn something new most days. Some days I learn the same lesson over and over again. 

I used to believe that if I had to learn a lesson more than once it proved I was stupid or stubborn. Now I see those repeated episodes as reminders, reinforcements. I learn on a deeper level as I grow and mature. I learn different levels as I have new experiences. I learn nuance from new people in my life. I learn a new perspective because learning must never be stagnant. It's organic -- like life. Ever changing. Ever moving. To learn is to grow.

And I want to keep growing because if I ever stop, I'll die.

linking up with Five Minute Friday


4 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie, visiting from fmf :)

    I still feel stupid and stubborn about learning to let go. Over and over God's been showing me how I have to in order for him to move in my life. Especially over the last few weeks. Looking at it as a reminder seems kinder though. Better than half the other names I could call myself right now.

    Thanks for sharing this ❤️

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the queen of personal hate talk! I've had to LEARN to be kinder to me. Treat me the way God treats me! Blessings :)

      Delete
  2. It's a mystery to me why I grew up thinking I was suppose to know everything and such a relief to now know I never will!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.