Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Day 5 (Yes I Missed Day 4)

Well, it didn't take long for me to miss a day!

One of the things I promised myself going into this series was kindness.

Tuesdays are generally my busiest and sometimes toughest days. I have therapy on Tuesdays for chronic PTSD. With all the changes in my life right now, it's a good thing, but can be tiring.

Then there was an attempted errand that fell through because of my own forgetfulness, followed up by a trip to the chiropractor as the pinched nerve in my neck as been acting up again.

When I got home, the delivery man was waiting on my front porch to bring in some furniture I'd recently had painted, so there was quick rearranging to get pieces in the right rooms at least. My son called wondering what was for dinner. 

Once the delivery man left, I took a few minutes to place tables in the living room and even set up a little decor just to give me another #smallvictory and #oasisofcalm.


Then there was a call from my daughter and dinner plans with son and his girlfriend. And somewhere in all of that I collapsed in the big comfy chair and turned on Netflix.

I had good intentions. Rest and regroup and then go write a blog post. But every time I thought about it I was just sooo tiiirrreeedd.

And then I fell asleep in the chair.

So I missed a day (in the first week) but life goes on and I will continue to strike order in this messy world of mine while seeking out #smallvictories and the occasional #oasisofcalm.

Blessings!

1 comment:

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.