Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2016

The First Sunday of October


I'm in a new place, both figuratively and literally. It's going to take a lot of getting used to. Some of it is coming together pretty well, while other portions are pretty much a rollercoaster ride. 

I found my robe this morning, so that was nice. And yesterday I got my prayer bench set up. I'm dogsitting for a little Schnauzer (not my favorite breed, but Charlie's a good girl), and this morning I'm heading out to worship on my own in a new place to call home.

That's a lot to take in all at once.

I know some of the people at this church. My best friend and her family attend there, and I've met several people through her and know a few more on my own. It's still odd though to be heading out to a new place all on my own. If anyone had asked me what I'd be doing in my 54th year on earth, this wouldn't have been on my list.

But I'm trusting in God to lead me as He always has. I'm trusting His time and His knowledge to get me centered and integrated into this new way of living.

Life is not a constant, but rather a constantly shifting paradigm. Change is the norm. And if I can't learn to accept that I will find myself in turmoil all the time. 



Proverbs 3:5-6 (NRSV)

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    and do not rely on your own insight.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.