Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

Is is just me or does it seem as if the world forgot Thanksgiving this year? Halloween was a big hit with lots of ads and activities, but I guess there's just not enough $$$$ in Thanksgiving to make it worth any effort. But here it is the night before Thanksgiving and all I'm hearing about is Christmas.

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. It seems a good reason to have a holiday. It's really about gratitude, family, and celebration. I like it because it's non-commercial, but that's why it's so unpopular now. My plans are good this year. Thanksgiving dinner with good friends and close family. I've made my son's favorite salad and I'll make 2 pies in the morning. The salad is an old family favorite, Milk Salad and the pies are lighter versions of a couple of Thanksgiving classics, Pumpkin Chiffon Pie and Refrigerator Mincemeat Pie. Both are delicious!

Hope your day is filled with gratitude, love and some good food.

Blessings to all : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.