Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2018

My Yellow Room

I’m sitting in my yellow room typing, and I LOVE this yellow room. It makes me smile every time I walk into it. Sometimes I look up from my computer and just have to smile at the colors and the expressions of myself in this space. This room is me. Books, paper, dolls, stuffed animals, colors, pens, pencils, fabrics, textures. Millie has a bed next to my desk and she curls up to sleep by me while I write or jump from site to site on the internet.

It is not perfect, but then neither am I. A process is at work here, on the room and on myself. As trite and cliche as it seems, I hope to find myself in this room by typing on my computer while surrounded by light and color. To find joy and peace and tranquillité. 






4 comments:

  1. That was lovely. I hope you are successful in finding yourself. Bright colors make me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it is difficult to find joy, but we must find it even in the little things. I like this blog and your yellow room. It is nice to see color. It is a bit harder to find color in the dark and colder winter months, so I have learned to appreciate it with the help of good music, chocolate, tea or coffee, and savor the smells and sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel' it makes me smile too. I have loved yellow rooms as long as I can remember. My first-born's room was a sunshine yellow and she loved it - she's almost 49 now and yellow (for both us) is still the color of JOY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bright a cheerful room!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.