Pages

Friday, April 3, 2015

Good

It's been a good week. I've had some "ick" to deal with from abuse issues, but I've been handling them. 

I did better at more positive self-talk. Less criticism, more compassion. So that's good.

I've gotten some physical activity almost every day, and I've eaten well -- read not obsessed about every bite that goes into my mouth.

Dh and I got home from a long weekend in Los Angeles, and even got our Wednesday walk at Radnor Lake done.

I had tea with dd and enjoyed the chance to sit and chat with no agenda.

Ds asked me to make a cake for a friend's birthday last night, and I created a tasty one from what was in the pantry. It was enjoyed by all.

All of that is really good stuff, and I'm happy to have been kinder to myself this week. Maybe as kind to me as I try to be to others.

But what's really good about today? I'll share my husband's comment:

Why is it good Friday? According to one article I read, the original meaning of the word "good" was also "holy", so it is a holy day on which Jesus scarified himself for the world's sins... my sins... whatever the case, thank God he did... Have a blessed day...

linking up with Five Minute Friday



5 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to overcome the "ick" and have a good week!
    Thanks for sharing Jesus! What a great testimony.
    Enjoy your Good Friday.
    Stopping by via FMF

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a good week, indeed! Taking care of yourself in a kind way, and taking care of others in kindness as well :). Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that you are practicing being kind to yourself! It's so important and yet so easy to not do somehow! Good for you! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so important to be kind to ourselves but that is so hard. Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter! So happy you had a good weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.