Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . April 14, 2015

Outside my window . . . it's in the mid-60s and cloudy. We had rain most of the day yesterday and it looks as if we'll get more today. April showers . . . (yes, this is the line from last week's post, but we're in the exact same place today)

I am thinking . . . about plans for therapy today. Feeling anxious.

I am thankful . . . for a good walk at the lake with dh last week, and a lovely ride on my bike with dh rollerblading on Sunday.

In the kitchen . . . last night was clean out the fridge night. I'm still not sure about tonight. Probably chicken of some sort and whatever veggies I have on hand.

I am creating . . . a shift in my secret crochet project. Details to follow . . . I hope!

I am going . . . to take care of me today.

I am wondering . . . about this quote I read this morning --
"I wondered how I should feel 
instead of having feelings."

I am reading . . . I've put The Haj by Leon Uris on hold for a bit. But yesterday I posted about all the other books I'm reading.

I am looking forward to . . . tea with a friend on Thursday.

I am hearing . . . birds chirping and cars heading off to work.

Around the house . . . I'm still struggling. It could be that I'm being a bit hard on myself, as I have been known to do that at times :)

I am praying . . . for things to go well today. For answers to some big questions about the future (work related), and for peace as I walk through this time.

One of my favorite things . . . is Amazon. I know there are a lot of issues with a big supplier like them, but on the other hand I LOVE being able to sit down at my computer and find difficult items with just a few keystrokes.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . therapy today, a lake walk tomorrow, tea on Thursday, and the dentist on Friday. I'm not sure what the weekend has in store.

Here's a picture for thought I am sharing . . .
the first Squash Souffle of the season
(made with smoked gouda with mediterranean herbs)



linking up with The Simple Woman

5 comments:

  1. I love Amazon too! Every time I read "what I'm hearing" I stop and listen, unfortunately the only thing I hear is the loud humming/buzzing of my Tinnitus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a self proclaimed Amazon Junkie ! I even order dog food on there . Seriously. I love free shipping and stuff showing up at my door in 2 days.
    I am glad you are taking care of you . It is hard , but we have to ! And as for the house ... it is a season . Grace friend ! Blessings !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Amazon - my wish list gets longer and longer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a love for Amazon as well. I am excited for meeting up with friends at MOPS it has been a two week break for spring break and i miss it. So glad I will get to enjoy in it again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the way you write with all the different 'fill in the blanks' . So many good things. I'm going to go outside and see what I'm hearing now. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.