Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

My Friend, Robyn

My friend, Robyn, died on Saturday. She had been suffering with pancreatic cancer. She really never had a chance, but she was surrounded by her friends, family, and incredibly loving husband to the very end.

It's gotten me thinking about that word, friend. I call her my friend, but I hadn't seen her in years. We used to work together and occasionally get together for a movie or dinner or drinks. I was in her home a couple of times and she was a spectacular hostess.

Webster's defines a friend as 


: a person who you like and enjoy being with
: a person who helps or supports someone or something (such as a cause or charity)

By that definition Robyn was a wonderful friend, because she fit all of those ideals.

Today I will go to her visitation and meet many more of her friends, a few I know already, but I am sure there will scores I've yet to meet. We will talk about Robyn and all that was good in her, and we will grieve with and embrace her family, especially her remarkable husband. 

Life was far too short for Robyn. She made a huge impact on every person who knew her and many who only met her once. She will be missed and remembered well.

We could all learn a lot from her. I know I have.

In loving memory --


2 comments:

  1. Yes, I think that all who worked with her felt that way about her - a hard worker who still had time for a word with her coworkers. A person with a kind smile, full of sunshine. She will be sorely missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.