Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . January 27, 2015

Outside my window . . . cloudy skies with a brisk wind. We're in the mid-30s. Typical January for us here in Nashville. Last week we had snow on Friday and by Sunday I was driving with the top down!

I am thinking . . . that the decorations must have really been getting on my nerves. Last night I dreamed someone had set the Christmas tree back up in the living room and I went on a yelling rampage until it was taken down again!

I am thankful . . . for antibiotics. I have been running a fever for over a week. The doctor sent some meds yesterday, so I am hopeful that whatever this is will be gone shortly.

In the kitchen . . . we've had barbecued pork from the crockpot and a breakfast casserole to eat on for the past few days. I've determined that with wacky schedules, my new approach to cooking is preparing a couple of good meals that provide leftovers so food is available for the guys to heat up as needed. The microwave is getting a workout!

I am wearing . . . jammies and my robe and my new slip on Skechers.

I am creating . . . still working on my afghan (this pattern from Attic 24, and a lovely set of DK yarn from Stylecraft). It's coming along, slowly but surely. I'm not tired of it so that's a good thing!

I am going . . . San Francisco! I leave on Friday for a long weekend with a friend from college days. I am so excited as I've not done anything quite like this before. 

I am wondering . . . how to motivate myself to do the things I want to do. This doesn't seem as if it would be difficult, but often I am stymied by not knowing what to do!

I am reading . . . The Art of the English Murder: From Jack the Ripper and Sherlock Holmes to Agatha Christie and Alfred Hitchcock by Lucy Worsley. It hasn't been exactly what I expected, but it has been good. It's also provided me with a new list of books to read -- like I needed that!



I am looking forward to . . . well of course my trip, but also to feeling better and getting to work on some projects that have spinning around in my head.

I am hearing . . . a plane flying overhead. Yaya walking around on the wooden floor. The hum of electricity.

Around the house . . . all the Christmas decor is boxed up and waiting for my guys to store them. I like the almost empty feel of the house once the pretties are all stored for next year.

I am praying . . . for a young man who is struggling with depression. Another friend who's husband died last week. A dear friend's daughter, who is in the hospital. My own dear daughter who hurt her back yesterday. A friend who is going through some major life changes. And my husband and son who are both in school and working. Peace, comfort, and healing to all.

One of my favorite things . . . is feeling at ease in my own skin. I've been peeling back another layer this month. I've made some good progress even with additional difficulties tucked in around it all. You, my friends here on the internet, have been most helpful.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . therapy, an errand, bake a couple of cakes for feeding the homeless, packing for San Francisco. Friday morning I head west!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . .
ocean sunset by Alan Pennington
because we all need this memory 
in January.






linking up with The Simple Woman

6 comments:

  1. The afghan is looking really nice!! Have fun in San Francisco!! I love the ocean sunset picture! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur! What a beautiful afghan! I also hope you feel better soon and that your trip to San Francisco is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is great to have these multi day meals - I am trying to do that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going on a trip this week too. I leave way early tomorrow morning for Detroit MI. Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Hope you feel better soon. So much crud going around. I also must have missed in reading your blog that you live in Nashville. My sister and I are doing a Nashville trip next August. We are so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. San Francisco? How awesome. Just don't leave your heart there - come back to us dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The afghan is beautiful! I love the colors. I think I made a Barbie blanket once when I was much younger. I got bored too fast. lol Have a great time in San Francisco. That is only 4 hours away from me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.