Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2015

What's Important

It's tough here in my world right now. Things are not flowing the way I want them to. I don't think they're flowing the way God intends either, but I am waiting for Him. I know He is present. I know He is in control.

I keep asking Him what He wants me to do. All I hear is "Wait". But waiting can be difficult and lonely. I am waiting in faith. Faith that He has this covered. That He won't abandon me. I have evidence to support His faithfulness. So I'm clinging to that.

I'm praying for myself, but I'm praying really hard for someone else. Someone who is struggling. He's depressed and dissatisfied and scared. Maybe he's feeling hopeless, I'm not sure. I want to fix it, but I can't. I've got some ideas on things that might help, but he's not receptive right now. 

So I'm waiting. It's not something I'm particularly good at, and it's not something our society encourages. We are the "get it now" society. "Just do it". "Have it your way." In America, especially, we are the "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" kind of people. 

None of those are going to cut it in this situation.

So I keep praying, reading, confessing, and asking, with no end in sight. I know what I want, hope, believe to be the outcome -- I just don't know how it's going to happen. 


5 comments:

  1. What a great quote there at the end! Powerful! I am praying in agreement with you! God, come near... restore Hope... let Your Love flow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and this situation, dear friend. Waiting is never fun... and something I always struggle with. Love the quote at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that you are going through such a difficult season. I am no good at wait either. Not at all! I pray things will come around and you'll get the outcome you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting is hard. I have waited what seems a life time for some answers and yet see God work in amazing ways. One day at a time. I am your partner in 31 dayers. blessings. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quote - to know what is really important is .... let's say very important.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.