Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . February 10, 2015

Outside my window . . . gray, gray, gray! In all fairness we had a lovely weekend with plenty of sunshine and warmer temperatures.

I am thinking . . . that asking for help isn't such a bad plan after all.

I am thankful . . . for a pleasant dinner last night with a full dinner table and lots of chatter and laughter.

In the kitchen . . . last night was Enchilasagna, romaine and apple salad, and hot fruit compote for dessert. Tasty! Tonight may be Cowboy Beans and cornbread. We shall see.

I am creating . . . still working on my afghan (this pattern from Attic 24, and a lovely set of DK yarn from Stylecraft). It's coming along, slowly but surely. I haven't done as much on it this past week as I'd hoped, but it covers me quite nicely now when I work on it.

I am going . . . to find some activities to get more involved with. I need more personal interaction.

I am wondering . . . this quote -- 

"There's this youth culture that is really, really powerful and really, really strong, but what it does is it really discards people once they reach a certain age. I actually think that people are so powerful and interesting - women, especially - when they reach my age. We've got so much to say, but popular culture is so reductive that we just talk about whether we've got wrinkles, or whether we've put on weight or lost weight, or whether we've changed our hair style. I just find that so shallow."–Annie Lennox

I am reading . . . Other Voices, Other Rooms by Truman Capote. I realized I'd only read 2 of Capote's works -- In Cold Blood and A Christmas Memory, so I've decided to do a bit of backtracking and read some of his other works. This has been an interesting read. I need to finish it up as I checked it out from the library and it's due in 3 days.



I am looking forward to . . . the weekend and some crafting time with my bestie.

I am hearing . . . quiet.

Around the house . . . just need to do the general pickup and some dusting. I've got a bit of ironing to do but it will have to wait for tomorrow.

I am praying . . . for a little girl, only 2 years old, who had surgery to remove a renal growth. The prognosis is good, but I hate that she and her family are having to go through this difficult time.

One of my favorite things . . . is biking. Sunday dh and I bought me a new bike! I'm so excited as my old one had fallen into disrepair. It was a mountain bike, and I'm quite sure I'm passed that stage. The new one is a cruiser and I should have it in about a week.


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . a massage today (woot - woot), lunch with my parents and dd tomorrow, a day at home on Thursday, and then Yaya goes back to the vet on Friday. Of course this weekend is Valentine's so there will be a bit of celebrating, but also some craftiness with my bestie.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . .
latest Perler bead project







linking up with The Simple Woman

2 comments:

  1. That's a great quote. Good food for thought. And I love your bike!!! :) Have a lovely day. Popping in from the Simple Woman linky party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to getting my bike back out this Spring...hoping for more long rides with my hubby. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.