Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . March 10, 2015

Outside my window . . . it is gray and drippy -- again. But we are in the 50s. 

I am thinking . . . that Daylight Savings Time gets harder every year. I'm not meant to have to adjust my inner clock constantly! Presumably it takes 3 days to acclimate, but I know it will take me at LEAST a week. Thankfully my schedule allows me to slowly acclimate.

I am thankful . . . that my boys had safe travels out west and are having a good time. They are rock climbing, so say a prayers for their safety if you will.

In the kitchen . . . very little cooking, but I have been cleaning.

I am creating . . . still working on my secret crochet project and spring sewing goodies. Reveals coming!

I am going . . . to have an afternoon of crafting, I hope.

I am wondering . . . how to motivate myself in a positive way to make good use of my time this week. I want to enjoy my week "off", but I'd like to feel productive, too.

I am reading . . . The Long Way Home (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache #10) by Louise Penny. I simply love this series. Gamache, et al seem like old friends, and it is comforting to have them around, even when the plot gets dicey.

I am looking forward to . . . a massage later this week and my first meeting with a spiritual director. This is something I've wanted to investigate for a long time, and an acquaintance offered to be my director recently. A blessing and gift.

I am hearing . . . poor little Yaya coughing. She is getting older (12 yo) and has developed a cough related to her esophagus and heart condition. She's really struggling this morning.

Around the house . . . I'm slowly reclaiming the house from my winter blues. I'm trying to to take the slow road. The mess didn't happen overnight, so it's not going to get organized overnight.

I am praying . . . for safety for my boys. For peace for several families who have lost elderly family members in recent weeks, and for friends' granddaughter who is in treatment for cancer.

One of my favorite things . . . is hedgehogs, but you knew that. Yesterday as I was giving breakfast to the young man who lives with us, he asked if hedgehogs were my favorite animal. I said yes, and he said he'd noticed them around the house -- an understatement if ever there was one.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . therapy, crafting, mani/pedis and lunch with dd, a massage, meeting with my spiritual director, hopefully a chance to ride my new bike (if the rain lets up!), and enjoying some "down time" for reading and movie watching.

Here's a picture for thought I am sharing . . .
hedgehog goodies from CCD!




linking up with The Simple Woman

6 comments:

  1. Praying you enjoy your week! And I love your hedgehogs - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, please remind me where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Massage and crafting sounds heavenly! And I'm with you on Daylight Savings. I wish we'd just pick a time and stick with it! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What exactly is a spiritual director? I am not sure I have ever heard the term before.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.