Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake

Last Friday was my birthday, and I made myself a "cake". I am a huge fan of dump cakes, despite feeling that they are "beneath" me somehow in the world of cookery. I'd been craving one of these for about a week, and told myself I could make one to share with friends on Saturday.

It's ridiculously easy, and obscenely delicious, especially if eaten straight from the oven with ice cream or whipped cream. It's none too shabby heated up in the microwave with or without toppings.


2 cans cherry pie filling (I used Comstock 20-oz.)
1 box devil's food cake mix
1 1/2 sticks butter, melted

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray or grease a 9 x 13 pan. Layer pie filling and dry cake mix. Drizzle melted butter over entire cake. Bake for 1 hour. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.

Happy eating!

linking up with Made by You Monday


6 comments:

  1. That is all there is to it!? I had to do a double take. That really is simple. Thanks for sharing. I love cherries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scary, right!?!? You can essentially do this with any combination of pie filling and cake that appeals to you. It works with lots of fresh fruit as well with no additional sugar (unless you just want to!)

      Delete
  2. Yes please, and thank you very much. This will be present at my next dinner party!

    My favorite dump cake is my peach cobbler. peach pie filling, yellow cake mix and a can of crushed pineapple, sprinkle chopped pecans on top. Goodness, gracious me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first time I had a dump cake it was called Cherry Supreme -- 1 can cherry pie filling, 1 Jiffy yellow cake mix, 3/4 stick butter, and chopped pecans! I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!

      Delete
  3. I am not a fan of cherries at least in my deserts, but my husband loves cherries and this looks too easy not to try. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.