Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude

Some weeks are better than others, but the trick seems to be to find that attitude of gratitude regardless of my current circumstances. This has been a rough summer in a lot of ways, but at the same time I have seen much personal growth. So for today's Thankful Thursday I want to acknowledge several things/people for which I am grateful.

First of all to my therapist. Seven and a half years ago, a friend suggested this lovely lady to me. She specializes in the treatment of post traumatic stress disorder. She has been a boon to me from the first time I met her. She continues to guide me in my struggles with the abuse I suffered as a child. She is kind, compassionate, patient and encourages me to seek God in all things. What a blessing!

To my dd. She too has had a difficult summer, but through her struggles our entire family is learning about better communication, honesty and leaning on God. What a blessing!

My ds. He has had a terrific summer with his first real job and his lovely girlfriend. I am so grateful for the fun and love he brings to my daily life. What a blessing!

To my dh who even after 25 years of marriage (this August) is still learning about me and willing to roll with the punches. It's just an added plus that he STILL makes me laugh and STILL has marvelous blue eyes and an adorable derriere. What a blessing!

Finally to the blogging universe. My need to talk, share and connect is a hard one for me to address at times. I have a strong tendency toward a hermit lifestyle. Reading and writing blogs has opened up my life in so many ways. So thanks to all the bloggers I regularly read and to those who read my blogs. What a blessing!


Thankful Thursday is brought to you by Spiritually Unequal Marriage. 

3 comments:

  1. May God sweetly bless you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad you've joined the blogging community Melanie. I want to get to know you better. Going through emotional pain is difficult but it helps knowing you're not alone. Yes, the Lord is always with you but it's also nice to know people with skin on care too.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about the last part. Blogging is magical!

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.