Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- 2013



FOR TODAY . . . January 1, 2013

Outside my window . . . it is very overcast. We are in the low 40's but hoping for a little sunshine this afternoon.

I am thinking . . . that being sick over the holidays was the pits. 

I am thankful . . . to be coming out of the coughing fog. I am also so thankful for my precious family members who have cared for me through it all.

In the kitchen . . . dd has been handling cooking chores for a week or more now. And doing it so well!

I am wearing . . . sweat pants, a t-shirt, a sweat jacket, and my house shoes. It's become my go to outfit.

I am creating . . . my stripey afghan. I actually felt like working on it yesterday for the first time in a long time.

I am going . . . to buy a new calendar . . . maybe today. I haven't left the house since the Friday before Christmas, so this could be a BIG outing.

I am wondering . . . how long it will take for this cough to go away completely.

I am reading . . . a new book I got for Christmas. Journalution has been on my want to read list for a good long time. Finally started it last night, and I like it so far.

I am looking forward to . . . feeling better! It's amazing how much I miss being able to take care of my family. Maybe this has been a gift to remind me that I love what I do.

I am hearing . . . computers humming and clicking keyboards as dh and I are both typing this morning.

Around the house . . . dd has been gathering the remaining Christmas decorations so we can get everything put away. She has also been scrubbing floors for me. What a jewel!

I am pondering . . . why television can be such a bad thing for me. I buy into the idea of television as reality pretty easily. It would be easy to convince myself that I'm the only one with a messy house right now -- but I know that television is NOT reality.

One of my favorite things . . . is talking! And with this coughing thing, talking has been in short supply. Dd and I were communicating via hand signals and mother/daughter telepathy last night. Quite amusing!

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . maybe a trip out of the house this afternoon; an appointment tomorrow; and Bible study starts on Thursday. Let's hope I'm up to all that!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
goodies from Seeds of Blessing


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention of the book....I checked it out right away and bought it for my kindle. As you can see from my post, journaling is a must for me.....Sorry you've been ill but happy you're on your way to recovery, hopefully the cough will soon be gone....Thank God for Daughters!
    For some reason, I can't email you, they always come back as errors. Maybe this comment will get through.
    Blessings,
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what's going on with the email. I just got an error message trying to email you. Let me know what you think of the book. Obviously I got the comment : )
      Happy New Year!

      Delete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.