Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . January 29, 2013

Outside my window . . . we're having another warm spell. No snow so far this year. It's already in the 50's -- cloudy and windy.

I am thinking . . . about this quote I read yesterday --

From the time we wake up in the morning to the time to go to bed we look out on a world that is flat, open to interpretation, and sort of like a Rorschach blot. Mark Twain once quipped that "Life is one damn thing after another." Our days are like that. Something happens, then something else happens. A string of events until we fall back asleep.
from Experimental Theology

I am thankful . . . all the little things that add up to make a day special. Messages from old friends. Requests to help with things I love. Lunch with my daughter. Time to talk with my husband. Unexpected, pleasant, phone calls from my son.

In the kitchen . . . husband and I created a new dish last night Rice Krispie Chicken Tenders. We had them with new potatoes and steamed asparagus.


I am wearing . . . my robe and slippers.

I am creating . . . really not much of anything right now. I have several crochet projects in process, but I'm not feeling the mojo. I also cut out fabric to make new curtains for the bathroom, but I haven't gotten any farther than that so far.

I am going . . . to have coffee with a friend I haven't seen in probably 30 years. I am excited and a little nervous.

I am wondering . . . about taking a walk at Radnor Lake today. It depends on what the weather does.

I am reading . . . One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp and The Misremembered Man by Christina McKenna on my Kindle.

I am looking forward to . . . a series of massages I have scheduled (and already paid for) during the month of February.

I am hearing . . .  peace and quiet.

Around the house . . . I arranged this nice display for the dining room table. The candle stick holders are from SERRV.


I am pondering . . . why a haircut lifts my spirits so much. Maybe this time it has more to do with how long it took me to get around to doing it!

One of my favorite things . . . is the time I spend each morning doing my devotional time. I'm using the Common Prayer. I just really enjoy the format of this one. I really look forward to using it each morning. (also available online)

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . I've just about given up on plans! See quote above.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
fun pens my dh brought me from a meeting he attended



for more visit The Simple Woman's Daybook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.