Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . August 19, 2014

Outside my window . . . it is overcast and breezy. Currently 75* and heading into the 90s.

I am thinking . . . about changes around the house. Dd moved out last week and I have some empty spaces to work with now. 

I am thankful . . . for our safe trip and that all went well here while we were gone.

In the kitchen . . . a trip to the grocery is in order today. We've been making do since we got home late Saturday night, so it's time to organize menus for the week.

I am wearing . . . a white cotton gown.

I am creating . . . a crocheted rug for my bedroom.

I am going . . . to continue organizing from the trip and playing around with some ideas for the house.

I am wondering . . . about this new time in my life and how I want to use it.

I am reading . . . Atlas Girl by Emily Wierenga. This is a memoir of her life thus far. It is lyrically written and has been totally engrossing.

I am looking forward to . . . going to help dd in her new apartment tomorrow! I haven't even seen it yet, but with being out of town and working around her work, it looks as if I'll get there tomorrow to help out a bit.

I am hearing . . . silence.

Around the house . . . things are still a bit messy from our return, but I should be able to put that into better order fairly quickly.

I am praying . . . for a friend who had an accident yesterday, another friend whose child is in the hospital for her appendix, and a friend's mother who is having a cardiac procedure today.

One of my favorite things . . . is color. The older I get the more important color is to me. I love surrounding myself with bits of bright colors in unexpected ways and places.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . grocery and housework today, the annual "girly" appointment tomorrow, a meeting on Thursday, and Saturday is our 29th wedding anniversary. Wow, how did that happen so fast!?!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 

dh on the plane





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.