Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . August 12, 2014

Outside my window . . . I see palm trees and the pool outside our room in Bonaire. It's 81* heading up to a high in the mid 80s. Part sun and clouds with a nice ESE breeze that keeps it pleasant.

I am thinking . . . that "vacation" means different things to different people. Dh and I always have to negotiate a bit. He likes to go-go-go, and I like to go-rest-go-rest-go-rest!

I am thankful . . . that we arrived here safely and I am minimal trouble with my ears -- just using lots of Sudafed and a bit of Afrin as the allergist recommended.

In the kitchen . . . what kitchen!?! Actually we do have a fridge in our room as well as a hot water pot, so have yummy snacks, tea, and stuff for breakfast if we so choose.

I am wearing . . . my gown right now, but soon it will be back into my swimsuit and wet suit for more diving.

I am creating . . . memories! Beautiful experiences and memories with my dh. So glad he's a photographer so we will have evidence of some of these.

I am going . . . to Alice in Wonderland and Pink Beach for diving. So far we have done Yellow Submarine, Cha Cha Beach, Bachelor Beach, and Angel City/Hilma Hooker. 

I am wondering . . . what today's dives will show us?

I am reading . . . Atlas Girl by Emily Wierenga. This is a memoir of her life thus far. It is lyrically written and has been totally engrossing.

I'm also reading How the Light Gets In by Louise Penny.

I am looking forward to . . . more dives today and then a quiet evening by the pool while dh goes on a night dive.

I am hearing . . . dh chattering about today's dives. He's like a kid at Christmas once he's in diving mode!

Around the house . . . this is what's apparently happening
Yaya has bonded with dd's cat, Isabeau!

I am praying . . . for out continuing safety. Prayers of thanksgiving for Kent Brantly. Prayers of comfort for the family in Oregon who's wife/daughter/mother killed herself, as well as for Robin William's family.

One of my favorite things . . . is a good vacation. I've had good ones and bad ones. Good is always better.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . diving, diving, and more diving!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
striking a pose for dh at Cha Cha Beach




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.