Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . August 26, 2014

Outside my window . . . there is blue sky with big, fat, fluffy, white clouds. It's 76* degrees but I'm sure it's gonna get a lot hotter! Think the dog days of summer.

I am thinking . . . about weight and exercise. There's been a great deal of discussion on those topics of late, and I'm trying to determine what I really want to do about trying to get more serious about losing some weight, while figuring out what a new exercise routine might look like.

I am thankful . . . for a good weekend. Time spent with friends and family. A good worship service on Sunday. Meeting some new people at church. And the obligatory and enjoyable Sunday afternoon nap.

In the kitchen . . . things are quiet mostly. Casual eating at it's finest. A lot of scrounging (as we call it) and very little planning.

I am wearing . . . a gown that I made from a sheet.

I am creating . . . a new lifestyle. That sounds rather impressive, but it's really more about a new time in my life and how to use that time wisely.

I am going . . . to an appointment in a bit and then to run some errands. Later today I get to see my hairstylist (doesn't that sound fancy!) for a much needed cut.

I am wondering . . . about motives. My own and others. How we get to the places and choices we do and what drives them. How often am I aware of my own true motives?

I am reading . . . Breakfast with Buddha by Roland Merullo. I'm not sure who recommended this one, but I found it for free on a Kindle sale and downloaded it. I've only read 12% (Kindle equivalent of pages) but it's pretty good so far.



I am looking forward to . . . the return of the autumn routine. I say this every summer late in August. I grew up with a professor father so my whole life has revolved around the school calendar. I'm not sure how I will cope once I don't have anyone around my house in school!

I am hearing . . . Yaya snoring. It's post breakfast nap time.

Around the house . . . the bestie and I worked on clearing out bathroom cabinets. I don't know how it happens, but if I don't do this every 6 months or so my cabinets are crammed full of duplicates and products someone tried and didn't like.

I am praying . . . about writing. That may sound like an odd thing to pray over, but I'm contemplating this idea of a memoir and how I would even go about it.

One of my favorite things . . . is candles. I love to keep a candle burning in the kitchen while I'm around the house. During the winter months I tend to burn them all over the house for extra light and warmth.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . appointment and errands today. Wednesday dd is coming over to do some cleaning for me (it's not completely altruistic -- think symbiotic). Thursday is looking like a day to myself -- I should plan something fun. Then on Friday dh needs some snacks (pigs in blankets) for work and I have a dentist appointment. Saturday dh and I are planning a day together as he doesn't have class, and then Sunday it's back to church.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
flowers from dh for out 29th anniversary this past Saturday









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.