Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Truth

The truth will set you free . . . but first it will piss you off. 



My therapist told me this years ago. He was trying to help me see the importance of knowing and admitting the truth of my history while warning me it wasn't going to be pleasant.

It was good preparation. I don't know that it's really made me angry (my current therapist is thrilled if I tell her I'm angry about anything!), but it's been a long, circuitous road, this healing path.

Truth is the answer to all of my struggles. Telling myself the truth, the real, honest, gut-wrenching truth, will always make my path clearer and straighter. But it is often an unpleasant truth. About myself, about others, about episodes from my past, and current relationships. 

Jesus is truth (John 14:6). And Jesus is setting me free.

linking up with Five Minute Friday


1 comment:

  1. Visiting from FMF. So good and true. I love how you paraphrased John 14:6. I never really connected that together, just read it literally. That is beautiful! Jesus IS setting us all free! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.