Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

Grace


I heard a new definition of grace yesterday -- God's generosity. 

It brings grace down to a level I can begin to work with in my own life. I want to receive and extend grace, but it sounds like such a grandiose concept. 

But instead of grandiose, maybe it's simple. Basic. Be generous with what I have. Sure God has a lot more than I do, but that doesn't mean I can't follow His example, even if it's on a much smaller scale. 

I believe I'm a generous person. It's easy to share what I have with others, even the one's I sometimes feel don't deserve it. After all, I don't deserve God's generosity. 

The flip side of the definition is how much easier it is for me to accept God's generosity rather than his grace. It's all just semantics, but grace is one of the "Bible words" that seems so big and important. Generosity is all about hospitality and sharing what I have. 

And I can work with that.


linking up with Five Minute Friday





1 comment:

  1. I think it can be much harder to accept grace than to give it. Generosity woks much the same way. I hope you have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.