Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Chess Squares (aka Dessert Crack)

Last week I went on a baking extravaganza. My bestie was responsible for dinner for a group of homeless people at a local church and she asked if I could help with dessert. I took her on and found myself needing to provide pick up and go dessert for 100 people. In an effort to, mostly, use what I already had on hand, I baked 2 angel food cakes, 5 dozen cookies, and 3 trays of chess squares. I was reminded why I only bake chess squares if they will be leaving my house -- they are the dessert equivalent of crack cocaine!

So here's the recipe I used (from a really good blog post, btw) and a few pictures of the day o' baking.

Chess Squares

1 box yellow cake mix
3 eggs
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
4 cups (1 lb) powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 300 and spray a 9×13 dish with cooking spray. Mix cake mix, melted butter and one egg to a soft dough. Press into the bottom of the pan. Mix powdered sugar, softened cream cheese and remaining two eggs until smooth, about 1-2 mins. Pour on top of crust. Bake at 300 for 40-50 minutes until top is golden brown.





Happy eating!

linking up with Made by You Monday




1 comment:

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.