Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Baking Mash-up

















My best friend is bossy. Occasionally this has gotten me in to trouble, but usually it works to my advantage quite well.

Recently she and I were cleaning out my kitchen cabinets (yes -- she's that kind of friend!). She found 3 jars: one had maybe a cup of mini semi sweet chocolate chips, another had about a 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips, and the last one had about 1/2 cup of Heath English Toffee Bits. She set them on the counter and said, "You're baking cookies this afternoon."

That was it. Not a suggestion. A command. (See this is what I like about her. I tend to second guess myself. She never does.)

So I baked cookies. And you know what? They were really good.

I used the standard Nestle Toll House Cookie recipe, and just dumped in my assortment of chips and bits in place of the chocolate chips the recipe called for. Easy peasy, and oh so yummy.

So if you've got leftover baking goodies in your pantry, I'm telling you -- BAKE. You never know what might happen.

linking up with Made by You Mondays

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.