Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . July 23, 2013

Outside my window . . . the sky is scattered with fluffy clouds. Thunderstorms are predicted for later in the day, but for now it's lovely outside.

I am thinking . . . that it's nice when conversations go well and don't lead to crises.

I am thankful . . . for friends helping other friends, and for the opportunity to organize these things.

In the kitchen . . . barbecued chicken breasts, red cabbage slaw, fresh strawberries, and squash muffins.

I am wearing . . . newly finished gown that I made for myself. You can read more about it here.

I am creating . . . a new curtain for the back bathroom; a sewing machine cover; the corner to corner afghan I showed you last week; and a half granny square shawl. I finished the little amigurumi I was working on. I let off his ears so far.





I am going . . . to continue sorting through boxes of photos and letters from my FIL's house. It is so amazing the number of letters he had received and kept over the years. People don't write letters like that anymore, I fear.

I am wondering . . . about the best way to keep calm in the face of a lot of activities planned for the rest of this week.

I am reading . . .  The City of Shadows by Michael Russell on my Kindle Fire, and still listening to The Girl with No Shadow by Joanne Harris.




I am looking forward to . . . having people over for meals this week. It's funny how on the one hand it stresses me a bit, but on the other I really love cooking and seeing people enjoy my meals.

I am hearing . . . peace and quiet, and it's lovely.

Around the house . . . things are looking pretty good, except for the ping pong table. We got it cleaned off over the weekend, and then dh brought in more stuff from his dad's house. So now it's covered again!

I am praying . . . for friends awaiting the birth of babies, another friend whose daughter is suffering from an eating disorder, my cousins and their new baby, my kids as one finishes up college and the other prepares to start his second year.

One of my favorite things . . . is chatting and crocheting with my bff, Linda. I got an unexpected visit with her last night while dh helped her daughter with some calculus, and it was lovely to sit and chat.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . appointment on Wednesday, tea with a friend on Thursday morning, yoga on Thursday afternoon, dinner guests Thursday evening, a day of sewing on Friday, and crafting on Saturday with the besties. Sunday the besties and families are all coming for potluck to celebrate all the summer birthdays. Busy days!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
more odds and ends from FIL's house



5 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your daybooks and am thinking about starting up again myself. It's just a lovely way to slow down and "see".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I agree with you. I think I get a lot of benefit from doing this post as it makes me stop and think about what my week has/is looking like. I see what I'm really doing. For me it provides a boost in self-esteem as I usually see I've accomplished much more than realize. Thanks for stopping by today, and do join us soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melanie! It is good to do a little inventory of the week, I should start doing that myself :) I love to see plans to be with friends, it puts a smile on the calendar.

    Looks like "Shadow" is a theme for you!

    Happy Tuesday,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that too, Ceil!

      Have a happy day!

      Delete
  4. Hi Melanie,
    Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment for me. I appreciate that so much! I've enjoyed myself here at your place...it is so bright and cheerful! I also see that we share many common interests...cooking, crocheting, reading, sewing (although I've let that slide a bit). I really enjoyed seeing and reading about your interests.

    You are a blessing!
    Dianna from The Simple Woman

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.