Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

A New Nightgown for Me!

When I was a kid, my mother sewed a lot of my clothes. Actually, she sewed for all of us, and professionally for clients. Her mother had been a professional seamstress and I guess it just came naturally to her. Money was frequently tight, so she'd use whatever she had or could find on the cheap, especially for her own clothes and ours (the kids). 

Frequently mother use bedsheets to make loungewear and play clothes. She'd use a flat sheet from a set where the other pieces were ruined, or she pick up sheets on clearance and use them.

Recently I acquired a set of king size sheets from my FIL's estate. We don't have a king sized bed. So I've been using the sheet set for various other things. The pillow cases (along with some pillows from his house) became the new cushion for my swing.

The fitted sheet became a new summer gown for me. I love cotton gowns, but don't love paying $40 plus dollars for one, so I found this pattern, and made myself a new gown.



I'm in love with it! It's cool and comfy, and of course washes like a dream since it's made from a sheet. 

The ultimate recycle.

linking up with Made by You Mondays




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.