Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Beautiful

Rain. Solid steady soaking. It wasn't typical for July 4th. I figured people would be frustrated (even though we didn't have any plans). 

Stress and anxiety have been my companions of late. I woke up with them. But then as the day progressed and I kept it slow-paced I felt things begin to unwind. 

We grilled burgers and hot dogs. We sat around the den eating picnic food while it rained outside. 

And we began to talk. About everything and nothing. We laughed. A lot. Before I knew it 2 hours had gone by and we were still talking. Serious, planning, politics, religion, joking. We ran the gamut.

We scattered to do other things, but somehow all wound up together again. And it started it all over again.

We are all grown-ups now. The kids 23 and 20 (next week). It was beautiful.

My beautiful, rainy 4th of July.



linking up with Five Minute Friday




5 comments:

  1. Hopping over from FMF!

    I love the simplicity of your view of "beautiful." We get so wrapped up in life and the struggles, we forget how to just...be. Just be with our loved ones and to simply enjoy each other. Spending time talking and playing around. It's the simple things in life that are truly beautiful.

    --Ami
    www.twoprissiesinapod.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does seem like a beautiful 4th despite the weather. I think the best days are those like yours just hanging out and being together.

    My littlest is learning how to bike so we spent 45 min in the dead end just practicing turning around and around. We just talked and biked. Best part of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You describe it so well, I wish mine was even a little bit like yours was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So homey, easy and inviting. Your description made me want to be there...even though we were hot, hot on the West Coast.

    I appreciated being "shown" and not told..."we're all grownups..." Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this beautiful honest five minute friday

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.