Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . July 16, 2013

Outside my window . . . the sky is robin's egg blue. It's 75 degrees. And my "flower" bed needs some serious help!

I am thinking . . . about the blessing of lifted of depression. I'm off the antibiotics and finally feeling like myself again.

I am thankful . . . for the healthy arrival of my cousins' baby, Lilly, last Thursday.


In the kitchen . . . last night was ham and cheese quiche and cranberry orange muffins.

I am wearing . . . my favorite gown from NorthStyle

I am creating . . . a new gown for myself. I'm using a sheet from my FIL's house. When I was a kid my mom used to make play clothes and loungewear out of sheets, so I must be repeating history. I told a friend what I was doing. She was horrified, until she saw the sheet and the pattern, and now she thinks it's kind of cool.

I am going . . . to the grocery story today, and then come back home to do wifely things.

I am wondering . . . about ungrounded fears I have. I work on positive self-talk, but I also ask "Why?" A LOT!

I am reading . . . Storm Front (The Dresden Files, Book 1) by Jim Butcher and still listening to The Girl with No Shadow by Joanne Harris.

I am looking forward to . . . my next yoga lesson on Thursday. I had my first private lesson last week and I've been doing morning and evening poses each day. I know it is helping my mood and sleep.

I am hearing . . . the dishwasher running and dd chatting as she gets ready for her long day of internship and school.

Around the house . . . I need to do some dusting, but otherwise things are looking quite nice. (Except for the ping pong table -- the bane of my existence as is seems to be where everything lands!)

I am praying . . . for 3 friends who lost their mothers over the weekend, and the daughter of a friend who is suffering from an eating disorder.

One of my favorite things . . . is candles burning. I have a new one in the kitchen, and my son's friend said the house smells like waffle cones. 

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . menu planning, grocery shopping, yoga, date night, crocheting, sewing, reading, and maybe a trip to the pool. Good summer activities.

Here are pictures for thought I am sharing . . . 

a new project I'm working on


1 comment:

  1. Hello Melanie,
    Thank you for the lovely comment at The Bower...it made me smile. I was surprised the iron looked so good, too, but it is that particular lens for the camera. It makes life just look prettier.

    I enjoyed this glimpse into your domestic realm and wish you a peaceful rest-of-summer,

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.