Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Zucchini (Squash) Muffins

The other night as I was getting dinner ready my daughter asked if we were having any bread with dinner. I hadn't planned on it. Then I remembered I had some squash a friend had given to me. I have a great Zucchini Muffin Recipe that's really easy. No reason squash shouldn't work, right?

Right! They were super yummy, and just as easy as I had remembered. Hope you enjoy this recipe as another way to use up your bounty of fresh squash.

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup fat free milk
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup grated zucchini (or squash)

Stir the dry ingredients together. Beat eggs till foamy. Add to the milk and butter.

Add the liquid ingredients and the zucchini to the dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened.

Grease (or spray) a 12-cup muffin tin. Fill each cup 3/4 full and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Serve with butter. 

Happy eating!

linking up with Made by You Monday



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.