Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . March 11, 2014

Outside my window . . . we have beautiful blue skies. Already up to 52* and heading up to 77*! We may have some rain later tonight, but for today it's a top down day :)

I am thinking . . . about changing things up a bit. Dh is in grad school and we have been discussing the possibility of me getting a part time job. Trying to figure out what that would look like.

I am thankful . . . for a good day with my bestie yesterday. We ran some errands, talked A LOT, and even got a walk in. It was a good day.

In the kitchen . . . last night we had Orange-Balsamic Glazed Chicken, Cranberry Nut Rice Pilaf, and steamed asparagus. Tonight's going to be clean out the refrigerator/leftover night.

I am wearing . . . my new gown that dh gave me for my birthday. You know how I feel about cotton gowns by now.

I am creating . . . still can't seem to get those creative juices flowing. I think I have too much on my mind and too many people in my house to focus properly.

I am going . . . swim at the indoor pool this afternoon. I haven't been swimming since last summer. It used to be one of my favorite activities, so I'm trying to get back into it before summer arrives.

I am wondering . . . about signing up for a year-long spiritual exercises retreat. It is a time and money investment. I am very interested, but don't want to get in over my head and not be able to invest in the opportunity fully.

I am reading . . . Bury Your Dead by Louise Penny. It's the one I was waiting for last week. These Granite Islands is on hold while I finish this plot line that was started in the previous novel in the Chief Inspector Gamache series

I am looking forward to . . . a Lenten Quiet Day on Saturday. An entire day of prayer, meditation, and rest. Lovely.

I am hearing . . . the quiet of the morning house. 

Around the house . . . things need a good dusting and a bit of straightening. I'm needing to shop for a new sofa for the den, but my heart's just not in it.

I am praying . . . for peace in Ukraine. 

One of my favorite things . . . is sunshine. We have had a very dark and dreary winter, so 3 days of sunshine in a row are a real blessing.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . most of the usual activities and my quiet day on Saturday.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
a few goodies from my trip to Old Time Pottery





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.