Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Cranberry Nut Rice Pilaf

I love rice. 

I just needed to get that out there. So I've made this recipe 3 times in the past 10 days, mostly because it's easy and everyone in the house loves it too.

As usual I started with a different recipe and made a few changes to make it my own (and simplify it).

not the best photo, but I had to grab a shot of the leftovers!

1 cup Mahatma Basmati rice
1 1/4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup craisins
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 T. butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. ground thyme (according to your taste)
salt and pepper to taste

Cook rice in mixture of broth and juice following package directions but cutting the time to 15 minutes. I also add 1 T. butter and a 1/2 tsp salt at this point. Check the rice and if it is the desired consistency (I like mine a little wet), add the remaining ingredients, mixing well. Cover until ready to serve. Makes 4-6 servings.

I have served this with seared pork medallions and Apricot/Peach Chicken Tenders. Personally, I could just sit and eat the pilaf without anything else.

Happy Eating!

linking up with Made by You Monday


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.