Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . January 14, 2014

Outside my window . . . it's 37 degrees and sunny. MUCH better than last week's frigid 9 degrees!

I am thinking . . . about having been married for 28 years. Someone complimented Alan and me for the longevity of our marriage especially given all of the struggles we have had. Longevity isn't enough in and of itself, which is why we continue working to find better ways of communicating and supporting one another. We have definitely not arrived at perfection!

I am thankful . . . for good friends who embrace my children, and how my children embrace my friends.

In the kitchen . . . last night was salmon and leftovers from Sunday's lunch party. Tonight I'm thinking a pot of turkey chili sounds good.

I am wearing . . . all the usual gear -- cotton gown, flannel robe, and flannel slippers.

I am creating . . . 2 scarves based on Moogly's Big Rib Scarf pattern. Once I finish these I hope to start Moogly's Afghan Crochet-a-long.

I am going . . . to continue the cleaning out routine. Today's project is the craft cabinet in the bonus room. I'll try to take before and after shots.

I am wondering . . . about "communication dances". How people get into ruts and routines, and how difficult it is to change the dance even for a better method of communicating.

I am reading . . . The House of Dies Drear by Virginia Hamilton. Almost finished, and it is really good.

I am looking forward to . . . spending some time with my bestie today -- sorting and chatting.

I am hearing . . . my daughter chatting and the dogs puttering around.

Around the house . . . things are looking FABULOUS. Really I'm so excited.

I am praying . . . for many people who are struggling with various issues. I find that the more I engage with others, the fuller my prayer life becomes. 

“Prayer is not an old woman’s idle amusement. 
Properly understood and applied, 
it is the most potent instrument of action.” 
-- Ghandi

One of my favorite things . . . is feeling peace. I recognize that is a rather wide open and generic "thing", but it is true. Peace is the sensation/emotion I desire most.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . we're back in the routine -- appointment and grocery on Wednesday. Precept Bible study on Thursday. Friday is currently open. A painter/friend is coming on Saturday to give us some estimates, and Sunday we are having friends over for lunch. I haven't seen them in years and am really looking forward to catching up.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
clean closet!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.