Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . January 28, 2014

Outside my window . . . well it's a blazing 14 degrees here. Actually I know I shouldn't complain since other locations are much colder. It's another grey day, but still no snow.

I am thinking . . . that I pulled off a nice "study" dinner for dh and his friends last night.

I am thankful . . . for a dear, sweet friend who provided me with a tangible reminder of God's love.

In the kitchen . . . last night was slow cooked citrus pork chops, steamed asparagus with garlic, cooked carrots, rosemary sea salt rolls, and blueberry dump cake. Tonight is still up in the air!

I am wearing . . . my usual. Robe, slippers, gown, and my parrot shawl.

I am creating . . . order. Still working on closets and cabinets. Today I'm tackling the laundry room with my bestie's help.

I am going . . . to counseling today. Wednesday is usually counseling day, but I had an unexpected change in plans, so today it is. We are working on another episode of abuse that has been very difficult to work through.

I am wondering . . . (as I often do) if I'm doing this life "right"? Does anyone else struggle with this?

I am reading . . . Hell Hole by Chris Grabenstein. It's number 4 in the John Ceepak Mysteries. Almost done!

I am looking forward to . . . warmer weather! I know it's supposed to be cold in winter, but we have had an unusually cold winter, with no snow, which is at least fun as rule.

I am hearing . . . dd chatting with the dogs. She amuses me in that she talks to them the same way she talks to me, so sometimes I get confused to whom she is talking. (Awkward sounding sentence, and yet grammatically correct -- I think!)

Around the house . . . still looking good! Need to pick up some from last night's dinner, but that's about it.

I am praying . . . for so many people who are struggling with illnesses, loss, and awaiting tests results. Praying for God's peace to cover all of them.

One of my favorite things . . . is pulling off a nice dinner. 

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . cleaning out the laundry room, counseling, grocery shopping, cooking for Room in the Inn, Bible study, another study night dinner, date night, and then SUPER BOWL Sunday!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
another photo from FIL's stash






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.