Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

Encouragement

I can't live without them -- words of encouragement.

I need them to keep plugging along. To keep believing. To stay the course.

And they come from such a variety of people.

The woman who took my order at Panera the other day. The lady in the hallway of the office building. My son. My husband. My daughter. My best friend's husband. The ladies in my Bible class.

And it makes me wonder. Do I offer words of encouragement to others? Often enough? Do I get out of my own head and see the need in others? I hope so. It's something I'm working on, because I'm not the only one who can't live without those words.

Those words that remind me of things I already know, but need to hear, because it's just different when someone else says it out loud. And they are a gift, those words. 

6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.  -- Romans 12:6-8


linking up with Five Minute Friday




1 comment:

  1. Melanie, It's so true.... I need to remember to give encouragement, as well as receive it. Thanks for your thoughts today!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.