Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . April 1, 2014

Outside my window . . . the grass is suddenly green! And my cherry tree is just beginning to bloom. Blues skies. Sunshine. And already 61 degrees.

I am thinking . . . about my plan to make April my self-care month. I am focusing on myself for this month (which is very difficult for me!). Eating healthily. Getting regular, moderate exercise. Continue to speak kindly and respectfully to and about myself. And making time to do things I want to do.

I am thankful . . . for my weekend retreat to St. Joseph's Monastery. It was silent directed retreat, and was an honor and blessing to work with Gail Pitt from Dovehouse Ministries.

In the kitchen . . . my cupboard and refrigerator are bare! I am heading to the grocery store later today to stock up on healthy foods.

I am wearing . . .  a giant white t-shirt, my robe, and faux Crocs. (Always elegant!)

I am creating . . . a plan to create right now. I just haven't been feeling that creative mojo, so I'm making a list of projects to complete and things I just want to do.

I am going . . . to take a walk in just a bit with dd, and then an appointment and grocery shopping.

I am wondering . . . (perhaps contemplating is a better word) about this quote -- 

Dear God, I am so afraid to open my clenched fists! Who will I be when I have nothing left to hold on to? Who will I be when I stand before you with empty hands? Please help me to gradually open my hands and to discover that I am not my own, but what you want to give me. -- Henri J. M. Nouwen The Only Necessary Thing: Living a Prayerful Life.

I am reading . . . really nothing right now. I finished These Granite Islands over the weekend but haven't had a chance to determine what is next. I find myself wanting to re-read In This House of Brede after my weekend at the monastery.

I am looking forward to . . . an upcoming weekend getaway with dh. We are going to Gatlinburg in 2 weeks for a bit of much needed R&R.

I am hearing . . . a little bit of traffic and the dogs doing there morning snuffling.

Around the house . . . there is much to be done! Laundry and general straightening up are priorities right now. And not becoming overwhelmed, but instead leaning into the housework as a form of service and meditation.

I am praying . . . the Ignatian Practices using a book available from Dovehouse Ministires, First We Were Loved

One of my favorite things . . . is springtime! It seems to have been a long time coming this year, but this week looks like it will be springtime all week long.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . nesting. Reclaiming my home and time from the winter blahs, and opening my house and me to the new season.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.