Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . April 15, 2014

Outside my window . . . it is gray, cloudy, and cold. Doesn't it seem that I've been say ing that a lot this spring? 

I am thinking . . . how wonderful it was to drive around all weekend with the top down. I even got a little bit of sunburn (just a pink tinge). I'm ready for more of those days.

I am thankful . . . for easy access with friends all over the world. I know computers and social media get a lot of criticism, but on the whole they have made it so much easier for me to connect with old friends and make new ones.

In the kitchen . . . last night was breakfast for dinner -- scrambled eggs, bacon, and biscuits. Tonight I'm not sure. I think I'll dig through the freezer and see what's in there that needs eating.

I am wearing . . . I wonder if you can guess (since it's essentially the same thing every Tuesday)?

I am creating . . . a spring table topper. Actually I finished it yesterday. I have several more projects on my sewing table that I am going to work through.

I am going . . . to continue with catching up today from having been out of town over the weekend.

I am wondering . . . about designing a deck for our backyard. It's something I have wanted for a long time and it looks as if it may come to fruition this spring/summer. Yay!

I am reading . . . well not much. I'm in between novels right now and it's hard to do non-fiction reading before bed at night.

I am looking forward to . . . a couple of fun activities in the coming weeks. Of course Easter is this Sunday, and that night I'll be helping provide dinner at the Ronald McDonald House. This Saturday is Fun Girls' Day in Nolensville, and next Saturday is the (in)RL meet-up in Franklin.

I am hearing . . . nothing but peace and quiet.

Around the house . . . cleaning is still waiting to be taken care of. Funny how it always waits for me to get around to it.

I am praying . . . for marriages everywhere.

One of my favorite things . . . is tea. I know, I know it comes up over and over again, but it's true! My morning cuppa makes everything better.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . mostly the usual suspects -- grocery shopping, housework, a couple of meetings, Bible study, Easter Sunday, and the aforementioned cooking.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 
the B&B we stayed at in Gatlinburg
(photo by Alan)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.