Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . June 2, 2015

Outside my window . . . it's cloudy and 60 degrees. Pretty much what it's been around here for the past week. Some temperature fluctuations and LOTS of rain.

I am thinking . . . about my unintentional blogging break. I kind of fell off the blogging wagon, but hopefully I'm back now.

I am thankful . . . for good friends who listen and validate me, but also hold me accountable.

In the kitchen . . . it's clean -- do I get credit for that? Cooking has been haphazard. I'm hoping this is just the current lifestyle pattern, and not a permanent condition.

I am creating . . . plans and plans and more plans. Routine as well to enable those plans to come to fruition.

I am going . . . to McKay Used Books today to drop off of some things, and hopefully do a bit of shopping. Then to pick up my new bike. I upgraded my 7-speed to a 21-speed!

I am wondering . . . why change is so difficult.

I am reading . . . Dissolution by C.J. Sansom. I've read it before, but I'm considering reading the series and thought I should start with number 1.

For morning contemplation I am continuing with A Prayer Journal by Flannery O'Connor, Practicing the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence, and The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron.

I am looking forward to . . . several things coming up this month. A weekend get-away to Apostle Island, WI. A spiritual retreat/workshop called Healing Life's Hurts, followed by a work related trip to Atlanta. Busy month!

I am hearing . . . Squeaker snoring and the clock ticking.

Around the house . . . I've started a new homemaking approach and this one seems to be working for me. Fingers crossed!

I am praying . . . for marriages and families. For my bestie's husband who is traveling in Ukraine. And a happy, safe, and productive summer.

One of my favorite things . . . is structure and order, but you all knew that since I'm always trying to create it!

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . therapy, McKay, pick up my new bike, help my bestie with an upcoming yard sale, shopping with dd, and a walk with at the lake with dh.

Here's a picture for thought I am sharing . . .
ready to run!



linking up with The Simple Woman

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.