Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . June 9, 2015

Outside my window . . . after heavy rains yesterday, it is 73 and clear this morning. 

I am thinking . . . about feeling better emotionally after tackling something potentially stressful yesterday.

I am thankful . . . for my bestie who always has my back.

In the kitchen . . . last night was sweet and spicy pork chops and mac & cheese. Tonight I'm not so sure as I've got to sit down and make my menu list later today.

I am creating . . . specific creativity has been on hold lately. Not sure what will jumpstart it.

I am going . . . to therapy and then to swap out my new bike for a happier color. 

I am wondering . . . about the future possibility of going back to work.

I am reading . . . Norwegian by Night by Derek B. Miller. It is unexpectedly good. I thought it sounded intriguing, but I can barely put it down to get anything else done.

I am looking forward to . . . figuring out some things about the future.

I am hearing . . . Squeaker snoring at my feet. The clock ticking. A plane flying over my house.

Around the house . . . I'm working on another new routine. This one is the best I've found in a while. I don't think it's the routines or even me that are the problem. I think it's the constantly shifting stress that plays havoc with my routines.

I am praying . . . for more improvements around the home front. Things are getting better. I'm focusing on being less reactive to everyone else's stress and moods.

One of my favorite things . . . is reading fiction. For some reason, I tend to feel guilty about reading for pleasure lately. I'm really working on allowing myself time and space to enjoy the experience again.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . coffee with a friend tomorrow. Driving dh to an out town meeting on Thursday. An afternoon of cooking freezer meals on Friday, and then no big plans for the weekend.

Here's a picture for thought I am sharing . . .
dressed up and heading out to the Art Crawl




linking up with The Simple Woman

7 comments:

  1. Always enjoy reading the Simple woman's Daybook posts!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some boat as you with learning to deal with things better! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, your photo is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's my first time to your page. Is the daybook your writings for the day? It read like a poem. For what it's worth-jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a great picture of you. It sounds like things are really looking up. I hope you find just the right bike.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your photo! You look like a woman who isn't afraid to tackle the hard stuff with humor and grace :).

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.