Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY . . . June 16, 2015

Outside my window . . . it is sunny with blue skies, but already muggy and 86 degrees. We are under a heat/air watch for the 2nd day and it's not even officially summer!

I am thinking . . . about my purpose in this 2nd part of my life (empty nest).

I am thankful . . . for lessons I am continuing to learn about God's love.

In the kitchen . . . we had the first of the Pampered Chef Freezer Meals I made on Friday. Chili Lime Chicken. We gave it a 6.5/10 and discussed a few tweaks for next time. All in all I was pleased with it though.

I am creating . . . still in a bit of a slump creatively. I've got too much else going on right now to focus well.

I am going . . . to therapy and to run a few errands. Then home to do a bit of housework and clean off my sewing table and desk.

I am wondering . . . what happened to one of my favorite cookbook, Saving Dinner. I've lost it and can't find it anywhere! I guess I'll order a new copy from Amazon.

I am reading . . . The House of Stairs by Barbara Vine (Ruth Rendell). I've started reading Rendell's Barbara Vine novels in sequence since her death. 

I finished Norwegian by Night by Derek B. Miller. I highly recommend it, although it was one of those novels that I wanted just a bit more from at the end.

I am looking forward to . . . more bike riding now that I have my new 21 speed bike! I rode it Sunday and love it.
I am hearing . . . Squeaker wandering around the house and a plane flying over my house. I always think of an old Larry Gatlin song when I hear planes.

Around the house . . . my routine is becoming more routine for me. As usual the problem is my schedule tends to shift more than I realize, which requires adjustments and tweaking.

I am praying . . . for continuing perseverance.

One of my favorite things . . . is learning. I'm working on realizing that time spent investigating things that interest me aren't a waste of time.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . Alan and I are headed to Apostle Island, WI this weekend for the inline skate marathon he is participating in. Please pray for safe travels and for good weather and safety on the day of the race.

Here's a picture for thought I am sharing . . .






linking up with The Simple Woman

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.