Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday -- March 3, 2011




So it's one of those Thursdays that makes me especially happy to participate in Thankful Thursday. I didn't sleep well last night (I know your tired of hearing that! LOL!) and had some dreams I think are related to the abuse. It would be easy to let myself get morose, but I can't! I have a Thankful Thursday post to write!

So for today, I am thankful . . . 

1. for the opportunity to have people over for dinner tonight. When I was younger (before marriage and kids) I loved to have people over. I love to cook, so I love to share my cooking. The struggle to come to grips with the abuse has made it difficult for me to follow this passion. I won't bore you with the details, but let's just say my home has never lived up to my extreme perfectionism! No one else has ever commented on this, but I struggle with it all the time. An opportunity arose last weekend to invite some people I'VE NEVER MET to dinner and I seized it before I could talk myself out of it! 

2. for humor. It's a cliche, but laughter is the best medicine. I was feeling pretty down on Monday. Dh was trying to help me think of happy things. I came up with the minions in Despicable Me. We watched it twice last week! So dh surprised me by bringing home a copy for me after work on Monday night! What a sweetie! We've watched it 2 more times! I really need those kind of minions! LOL!

3. for my dd. She cleaned the house for me yesterday. It's so wonderful to not have that hanging over my head in addition to cooking and setting the table for tonight. She even commented on how much it helps to just do a little cleaning. 

4. for my Bible study class. Normally I'd blow off Bible class because I have company coming, but I've bonded so with these ladies that I'd rather be in class than spending more time trying to get the house to that elusive level of perfection.

5. and finally, once more to the blogging universe for listening (and occasionally) responding. Thank you!



They were also to stand every morning to thank and praise the LORD. They were to do the same in the evening . . .
-- I Chronicles 23:30





To see more Thankful Thursdays head over to Iris' at Grace Alone.

4 comments:

  1. How inspiring to read your list even when you least felt like making one!

    Good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone and having people over. Do you read Sandy's blog at Reluctant Entertainer? She is really an encouragement when it comes to these things. She's also written a book about it.

    http://reluctantentertainer.com/

    And to have bonding, at that level, with other ladies is a gift indeed!

    Happy Thursday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion! I haven't read her blog, but I will now : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and very nice that I don't have to verify who I am because I appear to be your DH, so let me just say how I love to laugh, I want more minions and am looking forward to having them for dinner (the quests, not the minions)...lol
    DH

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great list you have here. I am so impressed by your dh and dd for what they are doing for you. It sounds like you have a marvelelous family. Be blessed :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.