Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

The Birthday Blog

Let me preface this post with a disclaimer. I am apparently 5 years old at heart, because it is my opinion that no day is better than my birthday. It should be celebrated with great joy and the abandonment of all responsibility (as should yours). This one has lived up to my expectations quite well.


So without further ado, here are some photos and comments from my birthday weekend. I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed all the activities, fun and gifts.


Friday afternoon -- Dd and I headed out for a little shopping. The trip was really for her to get some new clothes. More professional and less high school as she moves into her more advanced courses and practicums in college. However, I felt (and she did too) that I should get a little "retail therapy" in honor of my upcoming birthday, so I splurged a little.






Saturday morning -- A new book for my collection of children's books from dh to get the weekend started.
Saturday afternoon -- home from errands and look what dh had waiting for me!



Yes it is an ice cream cake with Bananas Foster ice cream and chocolate cake decorated with a hedgehog! Does he GET me or what!?!

Sunday (THE BIG DAY!) -- Dh and ds started the morning with gifts for moi! Dh gave me The Pig Did It. 

I can't remember where I saw a review of this, but it looked fun. 

Ds gave me the first season of Castle: The First Season

as I missed the first season and started watching this during the second season. 

Church, lunch at one of my favorite places, The Chill Spot with dh, dd, ds, his girlfriend, and ds's best friend. Yummy soup, wrap and bubble tea. Then home for the yummy cake pictured above. Mike at Glazee Artisan Ice Creams and Desserts made the cake especially for me!

After all that fun, there was still more! Dh presented me with the rest of my gifts:

The Rosary for Episcopalians/A​nglicans -- to do more research for my prayer beading.


One Thousand Gifts -- I've really been wanting to read this. Now I'll just have to add it to my stack!


In the Night Kitchen -- another book for my collection. This is one of my all time favorites Sendak books!

Which of course led to this

The day was completed by lazing around on the sofa drinking tea and watching tv. Come dinner time, dd surprised me with a veggie pizza! 

All in all a wonderful day was had by . . . ME! And that's just as it should be. LOL!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful birthday weekend. Continuing into with a "Happy Birthday."

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.