Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook -- March 8, 2011

FOR TODAY
Outside my window . .  . it is partly cloudy and around 45 degrees. It's supposed to be a little warmer today than it was yesterday. 

I am thinking . . . about my dh who is out of town dealing with the aforementioned work ick. Please pray that it will all be resolved today and he will get to put this behind him.

I am thankful for . . . a lovely birthday weekend, full of fun, love and family.

From the learning rooms . . . getting through one more week before Spring Break!

From the kitchen . . . two new scone mixes from World Market. One for cinnamon raisin scones which we had yesterday for breakfast -- quite tasty, and blueberry which we'll probably have later this week.

I am wearing . . . the usual morning attire -- flannel jammie pants, t-shirt, and my flannel robe.

I am creating . . . chaos? No not really, I'm just not sure what to do next. The shawl for KFH's mother? Finish the baby blanket I started? Start the linen dress I bought fabric for last week? Maybe that bag I've been thinking about? See, too many options.

I am going . . . to do yoga with dd this morning. We are going to do it here at home using Yoga for Beginners with Patricia Walden.

I am hoping . . . to have a more productive day today. Yesterday was kind of low key, so I need to accomplish a bit more today.

I am hearing . . . ds and his gf chatting about her job interview this afternoon.

Around the house . . . dd and I just about have the living room back to normal. It is amazing how much my general mood improves when the house is looking better.

One of my favorite things . . . is hedgehogs. And look what my dh had put on my birthday cake:


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . I'm trying to figure out how to get a pedicure and massage in this week. You wouldn't think it would be that difficult, but there you go!

Here's a picture for thought I'm sharing . . .

Ds showing me how birthday cake should be enjoyed!

3 comments:

  1. I had a BIG birthday this weekend too. My 40th. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Melanie. I am new to this blog thing and as I look at toehr peoples blogs I see that you all have the same questions you answer. How do you get all of those questions onto your blog? Do you just type it in and then answer the questions? Sorry to bother you with these trivial questions I just want to make sure I am doing it right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carrie -- this is a "meme" -- a blog where we all talk about the same stuff and share. The host is The Simple Woman's Daybook which you can access by clicking on the link below my son's picture. She has a list of questions to post & answer.

    Thanks for visiting.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.