Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Marriage, Fitness, Housework, & Dinner Guests -- aka Feel Good Friday, March 25, 2011

Five good things from this week? Hmmm. . . 

1. It's not two weeks ago! Dh and I didn't start this morning with getting lost and snitty with each other. LOL! Seriously I'm glad for a quiet weekend at home.
(Click here to read more about the marriage seminar weekend.)

2. I've kept my eating and exercise journal all week. Last week dd and I spent at the Tennessee Fitness Spa. We ate healthy food and exercised a lot. We both came home with weight loss and inches lost. We've partnered up to try and keep things rolling here at home.

3. I've straightened, done laundry and cleaned off and on ALL week, and the house looks pretty good -- not perfect, but I'm learning to be content with "pretty good". Striving for perfection (i.e., Martha Stewart) just drives me crazy and takes all the fun out of life.

4. So in a homage to #3, we had dinner guests last night. I really do love to be around people. I always thought we'd do more entertaining than we have in our marriage. Somehow I let worries about what everyone thought get in the way of just having fun and fellowship. We had such a good time last night that it makes me want to do it again really soon!

5. I'm starting a new class this afternoon. One of the local universities here in town offers a Lifelong Learning Program. The classes are really aimed at retirees, but I've taken advantage of several classes over the years. The first one I took was Hitchcock's Films, followed by Screwball Comedies. Today starts Fim Noir. The next 4 Friday afternoons I'll be sitting a college lecture hall with a lot of really old people watching movies and eating popcorn. The lecturer is a friend of mine so I'm really looking forward to learning a little history of this genre and getting to watch some truly classic films. I'll keep you posted.


For more Feel Good Friday posts, swing on over to lia sophia tomgirl. Link up and leave a comment : )

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it awesome when you get together and have FUN?? I too always thought I would entertain people all the time but somehow, it just never happens. And it's tight in my kitchen when we have people over. And we don't have a dining room. We have a gorgeous patio but even in summer, we somehow never have people over. Hmmm. Thanks for stopping by and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful week!!! Congrats on the weight and inch loss!!!! I wish we had classes like those nearby, I would love them!!! HAPPY FRIDAY!!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.