Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . November 8, 2011

Outside my window . . . at 6:40 this morning the sun was shining. This is the upside of the time change. It is so much easier to get up and going with the sun burnishing my windows. I saw a sweet little birdie at my feeder this morning, and I have no idea what it was nor did I get a photo.

I am thinking . . . about how easily I can become frustrated.

I am thankful . . . for new lessons learned. I have been consciously focusing on learning to enjoy the process. I realized that I have a tendency to rush through everything just to get to the end result. I have been working recently on learning to enjoy the process of cooking, crocheting, eating, showering -- so many things bring joy when I slow down and "live" the process.

From the learning rooms . . . I'm not hearing much about school work these days. Ds's focus is all on the wrestling. I am so proud of him for how he is approaching the process -- practice, eating, drinking, even washing his own practice clothes! Just hope his grades aren't suffering!

In the kitchen . . . last night was beef stew and fresh bread. I'm not sure about tonight as we are supposed to have another day in the 70's and I'm still not feeling up to par. We will see what the day brings! (And I made the first batch of Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix yesterday.)

I am wearing . . . my pink Just Love Coffee t-shirt and my summer weight robe.

I am creating . . . another shawl from the Autumnal Shawl pattern. This time I am using Naturally Caron Spa yarn in rose bisque.

I am going . . . . to run a quick errand and then stay home doing laundry, paying bills, and crocheting.


I am wondering . . . why I can't remember to return my HORRIBLY overdue library books!?! What's that about?

I am reading . . . Wicked by Gregory Maguire. I read this years ago when it first came out. The kids and I went to see the show last week and it got me wondering about how the novel and musical differ. I have an affinity for this story as I played the Wicked Witch of the West in our high school production of "The Wizard of Oz".

I am hoping . . . for a good turn out for our Presents with a Purpose sale at church this weekend.
I am looking forward to . . . my confined water scuba classes this weekend. I have 2 more of these and then 3 more open water dives to complete my training. Dh and I have planned a trip to Cozumel for my open water dives!

I am hearing . . . quiet as dd just left for school.

Around the house . . . I'm thinking about holiday decorations. I enjoy having the house decorated, but not the process so much! I think part of that is feeling as if my home needs to look like a Macy's display, so this year I'm planning on toning it down a lot!

I am pondering . . . . the benefits of looking for a part time job.


One of my favorite things . . . is feeling useful and productive.


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . keeping it quiet and hoping to throw this infection once and for all.


Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 

Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
Batch #1

for more visit The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

  1. Scuba diving. Deffinately on my wish list of things to do some day. My girls got to swim with the mermaids at the denver aquarium this summer, but I haven't gotten the chance to do so myself.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.