Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . November 29, 2011

Outside my window . . . it is cloudy and rainy. Again. But it's cold this time. Some areas even got snow which is really unusual for us in November.

I am thinking . . . about my bestie and her husband who leave this Thursday for a mission trip to Simferopol, Ukraine. You may read more about it here.

I am thankful . . . for a wonderful Thanksgiving Day spent with family and friends. We traveled to northern Georgia to be with dh's cousins. Father-in-law was even able to make the trip!


From the learning rooms . . . not sure what's going on, but with the kids 18 and 21 I'm guessing that's okay.

In the kitchen . . . that strike thing didn't really pan out last week, because I suddenly got motivated to cook. Go figure! Maybe it was because I knew I didn't have to cook.

I am wearing . . . my flannel robe and winter house shoes. I need to get dressed to do yoga.

I am creating . . . Attic 24's crochet bag. It's taken me 3 tries to get this right and it's not that difficult a pattern. I'll post a picture as soon as it is complete, but now, here's an in process photo


I am going . . . . out to lunch with my mother today. Her step sister died last week, so I wanted to give her a little lift.

I am wondering . . .why I've been waking up so early lately. Dh gets up between 5 and 5:30, but I don't get up until 6:15. Recently I've been waking when he gets up and staying awake. It's not a problem except that I need a nap in the afternoon! LOL!

I am reading . . . back on Life of Pi. I started this back in the spring or summer. I got sidetracked, and am just now getting back to it.

I am hoping . . . to complete my Attic 24 bag and get working on my poncho again.

I am looking forward to . . . Christmas. Some times I do and sometimes I don't, but this year I'm planning on keeping things very low key, so I'm enjoying the process more.

I am hearing . . . ds getting ready for school.

Around the house . . . autumn decorations are being put away and Christmas decor will be coming out soon!


I am pondering . . . . how to make Christmas foods in quantity and kind that will not lead to all of us gaining weight over the holidays. I like having certain foods, but don't see any need to make ourselves sick with sweets and goodies. Balance is key.

One of my favorite things . . . is watching the birds come to my feeders. I get a lovely variety of finches, cardinals, wrens, bluebirds, and a contentious blue jay who shows up most days.


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . lunch with Mother, therapy tomorrow to work on the latest flashback, Thursday and Friday are probably going to be decorating days, and Saturday and Sunday afternoon will be more scuba practice. Whew, I'm tired just looking at it!

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . .

Thanksgiving with family!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.