Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . November 15, 2011

Outside my window . . . it is cloudy and rainy. We are back into a relatively warm weather pattern. Last night at 9:00 it was 71 degrees (F)!

I am thinking . . . that pancakes were an excellent choice for breakfast this morning!

I am thankful . . . for feeling better! Yesterday was the first almost normal day I've had in weeks! Praise God!

From the learning rooms . . . ds missed two days of school last week with a cold, so we are in "make-up" mode around here.

In the kitchen . . . last night was baked bruschetta chicken, baked potatoes and lima beans. I am always amused at how my children can profess that there is nothing in the house to eat, and yet I can cook a delicious, well balanced meal without every leaving.

I am wearing . . . my nightgown and summer weight robe with my blue fake crocs.

I am creating . . . a wonderful crochet bag to carry my crochet projects in! Attic 24 has the most adorable bag/pattern.

I am going . . . . to work on my scuba skills this afternoon at the pool. I am really having trouble mastering clearing my mask under water. I tend to panic and get water up my nose which makes it very hard to blow out through my nose!

I am wondering . . . why reading has been so unappealing to me lately. I wonder if it's because I've been sick and on antibiotics. Sometimes reading is the hardest thing for me to do when I am sick.

I am reading . . . still reading Wicked by Gregory Maguire.

I am hoping . . . to get the menus and grocery shopping done today. I'm not really feeling the cooking mojo. I think it has to do with everybody's schedules being so wonky and the unusually warm weather we've been having.


I am looking forward to . . . getting some writing done, hopefully today.

I am hearing . . . doggies trotting around the house.

Around the house . . . the laundry is just about caught up! Now if only I could say the same for the ironing.

I am pondering . . . . whether or not to list some of my crochet projects on my etsy site. My site is Lucy's Beads and Prayers. Typically I carry Anglican rosaries and prayer strands, although I have listed a few prayer shawls. Any thoughts?


One of my favorite things . . . is my computer. I connect with LOTS of people, and I find it easier to express myself in writing. Plus there's a lot less judgment this way!


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . shopping, cleaning, therapy, Bible study, and a dentist appointment on Friday. I hope to complete my enclosed water skills on Saturday for scuba, but only if I can master this mask thing!


Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 

the beginning of my Attic 24 crochet bag 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.