Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY . . . November 22, 2011

Outside my window . . . it is cloudy and rainy. Again. And it's warm. Again. Mid 60's already this morning.

I am thinking . . . about my bestie and her husband who leave a week from Thursday for a mission trip to Simferopol, Ukraine. You may read more about it here.

I am thankful . . . for the whole family's improved health. I am feeling much better. Ds and dh seem to be over their colds, while dd is finishing a round of antibiotics for a sinus infection. I hope we are all done with sickness for a while!

From the learning rooms . . . no school this week!

In the kitchen . . . last night was hot ham and cheese sandwiches with chips and baked beans. I told the kids (21 & 18) I was on strike for dinner this week, since I haven't been feeling the love regarding my cooking lately.

I am wearing . . . my summer weight robe?

I am creating . . . a poncho using the Coming Home pattern from Lion Brand yarn. I am using a variegated Sensations yarn in shades of purple.


I am going . . . . for a "female" check-up today. Oh joy!

I am wondering . . . again about the lasting effects of childhood abuse. Another flashback last week caught me completely unaware. Initially I felt completely out of control, but I began processing much quicker than I have in the past. There is much work to do, but I do feel more hopeful.

I am reading . . . not much. Nothing seems to be holding my attention lately.

I am hoping . . . that the scuba trip dh and I have planned for December is successful. I finished my enclosed water training on Saturday. Hopefully the open water dives will fun and less stressful.

I am looking forward to . . . Thanksgiving with dh's aunt, uncle and cousins (and doing very little cooking!)

I am hearing . . . the washer buzzing, dog shaking their collars and ds horking down breakfast before heading off to wrestling practice.

Around the house . . . much work has been done in the bonus room over the last few days. I am moving my sewing machine in there in the hope that having more room will encourage me to sew more.


I am pondering . . . . helping my husband do the communion comments this coming Sunday. I want to find the right words.

One of my favorite things . . . yarn! (I'm sorry. I keep repeating myself, don't I?)


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . continuing the cleaning and purging and then heading out of town for Thanksgiving.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . .

Before . . .
After . . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.