Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Apricot Pork Tenderloin

We had guests for dinner Friday night, and I was really pleased with the menu, so over the next few weeks I'm going to share the recipes for most of the items I served.


First of all, here's the table setting. I always enjoying including pictures of the table. The tablecloth is vintage (I'm not sure where I picked it up). The china is Blue Heritage that I picked up at an antique store a few years ago while vacationing with my daughter in Missouri. The flatware is my grandmother's silver plate, and the glasses are from Ikea in Austria (2006 trip). My daughter brought me the napkins rings back from a trip to Ukraine. The napkins are from Target. The candle stands are from SERRV.org. Now that we covered all of those details lets talk about the menu.

Apricot Pork Tenderloin
Parmesan Grits
Steamed Broccoli with Garlic
Butter Muffins
Peach Tea
Chocolate Flan Cake topped with
Caramelized Spice Pears
Vanilla Ice Cream

Today's recipe is Apricot Pork Tenderloin. I found this recipe and started playing with it. So here's my version.

2 pound pork tenderloin
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 teaspoons garlic powder
9 oz. apricot preserves
2 Tablespoons honey
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup water
10-12 dried apricots

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
Spray a covered roasting pan with cooking spray, and place pork in pan. 
Mix all dry seasoning ingredients in a small bowl, and distribute evenly over the pork.
Combine butter, apricot preserves, honey, and water in another bowl and blend. 
Pour over pork.
Sprinkle dried apricots around pork.
Roast, uncovered, for 30 minutes. 
Baste, cover roasting pan, and bake an additional 1 hour, or to desired tenderness. More water may be added to retain moisture (I used hot water). 
Slice or shred to serve.
Serves 6-8.

The only picture I have of it is after dinner, but it was a huge hit. This is the third time I've served this, and it get raves each time.
Happy eating!

linking up with Made by You Monday


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.