Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY . . . February 26, 2013

Outside my window . . . it very overcast. We had more rain last night. It's been a wet winter, with very little snow.

I am thinking . . . of friends whose adult daughter was killed this past Friday night in a car wreck. She was 28 years old, with an 18 month old son, and she taught at a local middle school. Her funeral is tomorrow.

I am thankful . . . for some improvements in moods around here.

In the kitchen . . . simple dinner last night: ham & rolls, spinach salad, and blue corn tortilla chips.

I am wearing . . . pj's, robe, and slippers.

I am creating . . . a scarf for a friend to wear in a local production of Seussical: The Musical.

I am going . . . to stay home all day and work on simple projects.

I am wondering . . . about memory pain. I've been going through another spate of it since the last flashback. 

I am reading . . . A Year of Biblical Womanhood by Rachel Held Evans

I am looking forward to . . . feeding some more grad students on Thursday night.

I am hearing . . . the quiet of the morning. My hands on the keyboard. The dogs wandering around. Electronics humming. The first world equivalent of quiet.

Around the house . . . things are staying neater, but there are still so many little projects to tackle.

I am pondering . . . how best to encourage myself to live more fully in the present. 

One of my favorite things . . . is hearing from my son, just because. Not because he needs anything, but just because he has something to share.  

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . quiet today, therapy tomorrow, guests on Thursday, and then date night on Friday.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing . . . 

yarn remains from the afghan I've nearly completed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.