Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Baring the Soul

Writing is a baring of the soul. It's also a hiding of the soul, if I'm not careful. How much to share? What about others' stories? Do I share them as well?

I can bare my soul but only to the extent it doesn't unwittingly bare another's. Last night I got a message from another bare soul. I can't fix it. I want to write it out here and find solace and comfort for me and her. But it's not my story. 

So I lay myself bare on this screen. I tell you that I'm scared, and I'm angry, and I'm worried, and I'm hurt. And I only want what is best for her, but what about those boundaries I'm working on?

I lay myself bare and ask for prayers of healing for her. For comfort and peace and knowledge. But I ask all that for me as well, because I just want a normal life -- no drama, no crises, just happiness, rainbows, and sunshine.

Laid bare is where I find myself today.


linking up to five minute friday

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to you for keeping your boundaries, and prayers for you and your friend!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign up as a follower to see comment replies.